Post by Pounce Needs Pals on Jul 29, 2015 6:58:56 GMT -6
The new seats in the 300 section looks pretty sharp! The paint job in the lobby sounds like a small thing, but it will look pretty sharp. People don't notice clean and neat, people notice mess and ugly looking.
With the Bucks arena all but a formality and the Admirals likely moving over to Panther Arena in a few years, one would think even more promising upgrades will eventually be made.
What does everyone's wish list for future upgrades look like?
I used to think the 400 level at the arena should be gutted and converted into suites. But then I think about the Resch Center and how little used those suites are at the top of the arena. Just a bad spot to put people who are dishing out $$$ for them.
Instead, gut the end zones of the 300 level for suites. It's closer to the court/rink, isn't a major overall to the current seating chart, and perfect for hockey where all of the good action is happening.
Also, a permanent structure team store would be nice. Not sure where that would be with the limited concourse space.
Of course, since the ice will be in place, my unicorn in the sky wish is to have men's and women's Division I ice hockey teams occupying the Arena as well. If Omaha can get to the Frozen Four ...
Not down on the floor, but if you look at that area, just above it where the seats (200s and maybe 300s) are now removing those leveling it off, or making it multi tier, and making that party deck, from corner to corner That way its the Panther Pit, The Crows Nest (Admirals) and the Look Out (Wave).
Post by Black PantherU on Jul 30, 2015 18:00:07 GMT -6
- Gut a few of the concession stands and the seats directly above them in favor of suites. You get rid of some seats but you get suites close enough to the floor that people will use them. It should be noted that part of the reason the Resch Center suites are rarely used is not due to the Phoenix being poor hosts or their location but rather the location - the Green Bay area just doesn't have enough big businesses to support anywhere near that many suites - the whole top level is suites. Give us 8-10 tops. I'll even tell you where - 4 on each sideline at the entrance to the bowls, one large communal suite above where the Panther Pit is, and one directly below it. That's right - a big suite that will spill out forwards into the Panther Pit and be right up next to the ice for Admirals setup. That would be rad and unique.
- Move concession stands to the corners and the opposite side of the concourse. They're not terribly busy even during title games, so you don't need to replace all of them. But getting them to the other side of the concourse will allow more free walking space where the concourse is. I would make the current beer stands permanent.
- Add Panther Hoops imagery (not just generic logos etc.) to the concourse. Every space of the wall should be covered with our greatest games in the Arena. I would also sprinkle in some of the biggest moments for the Bucks and the Admirals that happened there. Our name's on the building so MU is out of luck. But people need to feel the building ooze history.
- Expand the locker rooms to be high-major caliber. Right now they're adequate for mid-majors. If the Panthers are going to move up in the world and really 'wow' recruits, getting a locker room that actually makes them say "wow" is a good step. Add in the fact that crazy good locker rooms are not terribly expensive, and it's a good thing to bring in. When ESPN gets in the room for pre-game pep talks, it'll be a huge advertisement for the university that this is a program that isn't f*cking around.
- Expand the media room and television production suites to the equivalent level of high-majors. Sports media in this city needs to be courted by us if we want them to show up. It's not enough to have a little better food and a little nicer room. I'd expand the size of the media room enough to give local media their own private desks to work from. The Kohl Center has plaques for the outlets; let's take it a step further and give the JS and other outlets some nice digs that make them want to come to our games. The television production space also needs to be expanded in a big way, since it's really cramped. Speaking of that...
- Create a camera deck that has a better angle for television than the current deck. Right now they're too high and too close. Either they've got to be further out, or the cameras have got to get lower to the floor. It takes out a couple hundred seats, but the arena looks much more attractive and intimate on television.
- Ditch the tan paint of all the walls in favor of a modern gray, preferably a lighter one so you don't get depressed haha. There won't be a ton of space for that since, like I said, we've got a lot of images coming to cover the walls. But the whole building needs to get some type of modernization to make people stop thinking it's antiquated.
- First and foremost, however, the game floor needs to be redone. It's been the same floor for six years now, and it's showing its age (seriously, go courtside). I'm not just talking about a cool look for it; the actual floor needs to either be resurfaced or scrapped and built anew. I'd go for the latter, and settle for the former, but knowing us we won't do anything for a few years until players start spraining ankles at an alarming rate.
Post by Pounce Needs Pals on Aug 20, 2015 7:54:02 GMT -6
On my tour last night at UWM Panther Arena, the major change we will notice this year is that all team player stats for both teams will move to the side video boards. If you have seen any basketball games at MGM Grand, it's a color, font format of those boards.
From left to right, it's the players last name, points PTS, FGM-FGA, FTM-FTA, R, A & PF. The letters and numbers will be in a bold white color, with a black/grey backround. I was told it will stand out to the fans in the stands at Panther Arena. Each team will rotate every 10 seconds on that board. That will free up the jumbo scoreboard to have a much larger game action on the screen.
The main lobby looks sharp! Everything for the most part is painted in black and gold. Even the trim on all the doors and ticket booth. The flags on top of ticket booth have been taken down. It gives it a much cleaner looks. They are trying to figure out a way to make those speakers in the lobby work to have the WISN boardcast of Panther Basketball on those speakers.
Most of the seats in the 300 level that were the old blue seats are now the brand NEW gold seats that was put in last season in the 200 level.